There are lots of storage vendors in the market.
Each vendor will have its own set of APIs to manage the storage.
The SNIA has come up with Storage Management Initiative (SMI) which is based on Common Information Model (CIM) and Web Based Enterprise Management (WBEM).
The Zest team has very good experience in working with storage arrays from different storage vendors.
Our experience in the following areas is extensive.
- SMI-S providers
- NAS and SAN solutions based on custom or open source components
- Good understanding of iFCP, IPFC and iSCSI protocols
- Good understanding of entire storage stack
- Good understanding of different file systems and volume managers
- Snapshots at various level in the storage stack